Human Biology East Asian Physical Traits Linked to 35,000-Year-Old Mutation

15 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Germinator
Topic starter
(@germinator)
Prominent Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/s...on-at-the-genetic-level.html?ref=science&_r=0

14 Replies
10 Replies
Qamzardaan
(@qamzardaan)

Reputable Member

@germinator 

It seems EDAR genes also heavily affect Southern East Asians/SE Asians and others who are part of the Mongoloid race besides Northern East Asians. 

Germinator
(@germinator)

Prominent Member

@qamzardaan 

Polynesians, Central Asians & Natives looked very built to me.  

josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

@qamzardaan 

Only malnutrition lower class SE Asians are skinny. Most of are here are very well build  

Qamzardaan
(@qamzardaan)

Reputable Member

@zexsy

Not sure about that. I live in Thailand more than half of my life and the overwhelming majority of people here regardless of their social class or economic status,  are skinny. Tbh, I hardly ever see well build or muscular Thai locals ever in my life except those who are farmers in rural areas (still most tend to be skinny), boxers, construction workers or some of those who often go to the gym but they are not that common here.

Same thing I noticed when I was living in Indonesia (lived there twice in my life), visiting Vietnam, Laos and Singapore, most people there whether they are rich or poor or regardless of their social status, tend to be skinny as well. I also hardly ever see muscular or well built folks while living and visiting those countries.

Going to the gym to get ripped and muscular is a not common thing in many countries here.

josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

@qamzardaan 

I'm 5'11 very muscularly but I am just average here in the states. Our women 2nd generation here are very build on the average level but not as well built like Latinas and Whites. 

We are the same race as the Filipinos in the Philippines. the difference is our environment & the generations of nutrition have effected our height & body mass. 

josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

@qamzardaan 

both my grandfather are farmers 5'5 & 5'6. my dad is 5'8. I'm 5'11 and my brother is 6 ft 220 lbs. So, I know first hand what generation nutrition does to the body. 

Germinator
(@germinator)

Prominent Member

@qamzardaan 

Edar genes are found in Thai, Indonesians & Japanese. 
Germinator
(@germinator)

Prominent Member

@zexsy 

we are not talking about malnutrition. we are talking about the EDAR genes. 

We recently reported that a nonsynonymous SNP in the ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR 1540T/C) is associated with head hair fiber thickness in an ethnic group in Thailand (Thai-Mai) and an Indonesian population. However, these Southeast Asian populations are genetically and geographically close, and thus the genetic contribution of EDAR to hair morphological variation in the other Asian populations has remained unclear. In this study, we examined the association of 1540T/C with hair morphology in a Japanese population (Northeast Asian). As observed in our previous study, 1540T/C showed a significant association with hair cross-sectional area (P = 2.7 x 10(-6)) in Japanese. When all populations (Thai-Mai, Indonesian, and Japanese) were combined, the association of 1540T/C was stronger (P = 3.8 x 10(-10)) than those of age, sex, and population

josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

@germinator 

that is only part of the South East Asian Genes. South East also contains Melanesians, Dravian, Polynesians in our genetics. 

Edar is more visible to East Asians because they are more homogenous than us. now. Red Indians ''probably'' have Edar too but they have caucasian in them which cancels the effects of Edar. 

Germinator
(@germinator)

Prominent Member

@zexsypmp23 

How do you explain Asa Akira who grew up in the states? 

Wei nihao
(@wei-nihao)
Honorable Member

let's increase protection and safety of the EDAR mutants

josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

Edar can be modified in the future for bigger body build 

James avatar
(@james)
Noble Member

How about the genes for height