Famed Member
9j1kbaffsu691
eo1zgaffsu691
w1ywobffsu691
ASIANS 4 BLACK LIVES MATTER 黑人的命也是命 avatar
(@naval)
Famed Member

Man, 76, fatally shot on daily walk in Philadelphia neighborhood, police say

Authorities say an elderly man was fatally shot in the head while on his routine morning walk Tuesday in Philadelphia. 

The victim, identified by family members as 76-year-old Loi Nguyen, was found shot once in the head near his driveway in the alleyway behind L and Claridge streets just before 6 a.m. 

Investigators say video surveillance appears to show the shooting was completely unprovoked. Footage from a neighbor shows a person running down the alleyway towards Hunting Park shortly after the attack.

No arrests were reported immediately following the shooting. 

Neighbors who knew Nguyen told FOX 29's Kelly Rule that he was known for his friendliness. Yolanda Diaz, a neighbor, said Nguyen would greet her with a ‘good morning’ while taking his routine morning walks. 

"It just all happened in the blink of an eye you just don’t expect to see," Tony Peralta said. "Yesterday I see him with his grandchildren just playing and smiling the next day you see him on the floor." 

Authorities believe more cameras surrounding may have captured the deadly shooting, and urged anyone with information to come forward. 

"You don't have nothing inside your soul just to do that to a man that's so innocent and walks around, literally walks around," Peralta said.

Man, 76, fatally shot on daily walk in Philadelphia neighborhood, police say (fox29.com)

(@naval)
Famed Member
1 Reply
(@naval)

Famed Member
dyno avatar
(@dyno)
Noble Member

A man who was caught on video attacking an Asian American family at a McDonald’s drive-thru in North Hollywood in May has been charged with a hate crime, officials announced Wednesday.

Nicholas Weber, 31, of Sylmar, faces one felony count of battery with serious bodily injury and one misdemeanor count of battery, along with a hate crime allegation, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

The charges stem from a May 13 incident in which Gabriel and Nerissa Roque family were attacked while waiting in line to order in the drive-thru.

Weber allegedly hit the back of the Roque family’s vehicle and “proceeded to yell racial insults,” the DA’s office said in a news release.

Video shared with KTLA showed Weber saying “You’re so Asian” in an exaggerated accent after pulling alongside the family’s vehicle.

Things escalated into a physical altercation between the two men and Nerissa Roque was also attacked.

She said Weber choked her and she fell to the ground.

“I thought, ‘I’m gonna die,’” Nerissa Roque said.

Weber was cited and released after the incident.

The Roque family and community members demanded justice outside the Van Nuys courthouse last week where Weber was scheduled to appear, but he failed to show.

A bench warrant was issued for his arrest, and this week, he was taken into custody in Orange County for an unrelated matter and held on the warrant, officials said.

He is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday.

The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.

“The unprovoked assault on members of our community is wrong and will not be tolerated,” District Attorney George Gascón said in the news release. “Our message against violence and racial hatred must be loud and clear. We will hold accountable the people who commit hate crimes in Los Angeles County.”

Man seen on video attacking Asian American family at NoHo drive-thru charged with hate crime | KTLA

2 Replies
dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

I keep telling east Asian-looking Filipinos to shout "I am not Chinese". It can literally save your fucking life!  

(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno finally came to contribute on my thread

Page 113 / 156