Clear all

Government & Laws Systemic Racism course 101

64 Posts
6 Users
8 Likes
Rick Cool
(@rick-cook)
Noble Member

Similarly, junk and fast food companies cement the systematic issue of food apartheid because they overtly target Black hosueholds and oversaturate their advertising with Black and Hispanic people. Compared to their white counterparts, Black youth weretwice as likelyto view junk food ads on television in 2017.

Systemic racism is found on fast food, kids' books & the air we breathe. what else am I missing 🤨 

18 Replies
dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@j-r-c Blacks & Hispanics are more likely to die from Covid 19 therefore there is a systemic racism behind the eating bat soup.

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@dyno you’re a black belt in systemic racism. Congtrats.

ASIANS 4 BLACK LIVES MATTER 黑人的命也是命 avatar
(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno

Racial Inequities in Healthcare

People of color die sooner and suffer more preventable illnesses in our healthcare systems compared with white Americans — even in controlled studies that allow for variables such as age, location, education level, socioeconomic status, and total income.

The statistics reflect racial inequities in healthcare:

• A recent Cigna study found higher rates of cancer, diabetes, childhood obesity, and heart disease among Black Americans linked to the lack of economic resources, limited access to healthcare, and delay in treatment. 
  • Compared with white Americans, Black Americans die prematurely from all types of diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, strokes, and, more recently, COVID-19. 
  • Metrics such as the infant mortality gap and the maternal mortality gap reveal legacies and current practices of racial exclusion and discrimination in our health systems. Black newborns die 250% more often than white newborns in the United States. Black mothers are at least three times more likely than white mothers to die due to complications in childbirth. 
  • Black Americans between the ages of 18 and 49 are twice as likely as whites to die from heart disease. 
  • Predominantly Black ZIP codes are 67% more likely than other ZIP codes to lack adequate numbers of primary care physicians (PCPs), according to a 2012 study. 
  • Black Americans ultimately wait longer than white patients for life-saving treatments, such as initial EKGs. 

These gaps reflect who has access to adequate medical care, employment, adequate pay, and safe environments — and who does not. 

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@naval that's called health access, genetic hereditary, lack of nutrition. Systemic racist would include eugenics of some sort. 

(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno exactly it's like eugenics in the 21st century. the main motto is the same but in a political correct way

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@naval how about the Canadian healthcare system? I heard they have free universal healthcare Wink

(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno  I wasn't talking about Canada

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@naval I support you but ya gots to be reasonable

(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno i'm providing evidence and sources

Rick Cool
(@rick-cook)

Noble Member

@dyno most of the Covid are worldwide for God sakes

(@naval)

Famed Member

@j-r-c  What's your point is about the healthcare access

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@naval you guys are finding racism in basically everything. What's next? The animal kingdom has a systemic racism build in through years of evolution.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@dyno some animals are train to kill a certain groups of people. 

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2021/06/23/a-dog-can-be-trained-to-be-anti-black

James avatar
(@james)

Noble Member

@dyno I thought you and asians 4 blacks lived matter were friends.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@james No, we just agree on certain things

(@naval)

Famed Member

@j-r-c 

Similarly, junk and fast food companies cement the systematic issue of food apartheid because they overtly target Black hosueholds and oversaturate their advertising with Black and Hispanic people. Compared to their white counterparts, Black youth were twice as likely to view junk food ads on television in 2017.

Rick Cool
(@rick-cook)

Noble Member

@naval fast food is world wide, So explain to me how is that systemic racism? 

(@naval)

Famed Member

@j-r-c  It's not the fast food it's the marketing target And how it's used

athena
(@athena)
Noble Member

It’s a common practice for corporations to identify who buy their products then they show to most likely to buy. 

7 Replies
(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena so, let's sell drugs to other groups except our own people. it's the same for food & entertainment business

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval I assume you mean the corporations are out to kill black people by targeting them with unhealthy lifestyle choices. If that was not what you mean then please explain. 

Assuming I understood you correctly, you are giving them too much credit. Corporations are out to make money. If they see a certain demographics using their product, they will advertise there. They don't think "let's go kill some black people". 

The leftist activists blame the drug users in the US for the drug trade coming across our borders. They blame the demand is the stimulus for the crime. Likewise you can blame the consumers for driving target marking. 

That is just basic marketing. There has been an effort to push these corporations to sell healthy options and it is a pet project of certain first ladies to promote healthy food options in the school or education via ads, etc..courtesy of the taxpayers. You're welcome because many of us here in the forums are hefty tax payers. 

(@naval)

Famed Member
(@naval)

Famed Member
athena
(@athena)

Noble Member
(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena this is called whistle blow racism.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Fair question but do you know the history of Watermelons, Friend Chicken and Black people?

Defenders of slavery would point out benevolence with the aid of giving their slaves with watermelons & fried chicken

KFC Racist Australian TV Ad - OFFICIAL VERSION - - YouTube

athena
(@athena)
Noble Member

I don’t know the history of soul food really but it’s part of America heritage. I love soul food. Some of the best bbq are made in the south by black chefs. They love making them. Everyone loves eating them. 

24 Replies
(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Just imagine a company selling Asians weird exotic foods. won't hire locals at the management level. 

Better yet, here is a better example. Imagine a company selling Asians cigarettes known to kill people overtime. knowingly know that Asians do not have access to healthcare. 

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval I don’t see your analogy at all. everyone has access to health care and everyone eats bbq and fried chicken. That’s why KFC is very popular here and overseas.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena it's called “racial insensitivity” 

unresponsive or lacking in feeling or tact toward people of different races or issues associated with race

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval that issue does exist. But not in the examples you gave.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Do you have any black friends?

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval Let see, I have two that I consider friends at the present time.  While in school, 2 of my close were black and Korean black mix. One of them now are even first generation African american in the true definition. I knew many acquaintances who are first gen from Nigeria, camaroon, Ghana. All of them are dark as can be and speak with an accent. All are more successful than the average white American. Their kids do well in school. So none of this hogwash about systemic racism being responsible for the woes in the black community. If it’s so racist why do the blacks and the Chinese are pouring in? They not only make good money, they are treated well as friends as colleagues, they live in nice integrated neighborhoods, so you can’t even say they suffer racism in order to feed their families.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Ok, ask your black friends how they feel about racial insensitivity when it comes to fried chicken & watermelon jokes.

Your black friends sound like they all live In a upper class neighborhood as individuals. Once, they get pulled over by the cops, they will have a first hand experience of how the system is set up against them. Keep in mind that many rich black families have experience this. 

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval You are pushing race issues when they are non issues. I don’t go around soliciting racial concerns when it’s not a driving force in peoples life. Cultural and racial issues will always be there within any diverse groups but it’s not a hindrance to making a nice life for yourself here in America. 

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena They have name for these types of folks. they are called "uncle toms". 

"Uncle Tom" is used as a derogatory epithet for an excessively subservient person, particularly when that person perceives their own lower-class status based on race. It is similarly used to negatively describe a person who betrays their own group by participating in its oppression, whether or not they do so willingly.

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval you branded people a very offensive label when all they do is work hard, go school, and abide by the law. You are the racist! You should apologize to all the successful blacks in the world for your name calling.

how about I call you a brain washed mouth piece who parrots spit up waste from racist provocateurs. Let me ask you this. If US is such a racist place why are you here? Try talking trash like this in Japan. I’m not even mentioning China or Russia and see how far you can go.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena There is nothing wrong with being successful. It's throwing your own people under the bus just to get accepted. You might say I am like a asian Uncle Tom. My job is wake my fellow asians about systemic racism.

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval what exactly did you mean by "throwing people under the bus?". There you go labeling people who don't believe the same political nonsense as you do something malicious.   None of these people hate anybody. They don't hate the white and they sure as hell don't hate the blacks.  They don't take advantage of anyone, they don't rob, don't do drugs, don't kill, don't attack, dont blame. They just work hard, go to school just like the rest of the anybody who wants to be anybody in life. If there's anything they take advantage of it's the opportunities available to them. If anything they prove to the world that the color of their skin, the accent they speak don't matter.  You don't have to put down anybody and play the race card to be a decent human being.  My question to you is if you hate the white/western culture so much why are you in a country whose founding was rooted in western culture?  

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

@athena T.K.O Cool  

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@dyno what’s TKO?

dyno avatar
(@dyno)

Noble Member

Total knock out or technical knockout

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Do you have any idea how systemic racism were designed to keep Asians on it's place? it's goes for Blacks, Muslims and Latinos. Also, Have you heard of Jim Crows laws, segregations laws, Chinese exclusion acts, operation wetback. Don't worry, After I finish my school I will try to leave the U.S.

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval you talk like none of these minorities have any free will, sense of agency, or the ability to adapt. You are the racist one for making the assumptions minorities are helpless weaklings who have to have everything spoonfed to them. Just like you’re being spoon fed political pseudo science. Look at this systemic racism concept, it can be applied to any group of people who represent the majority culture. Let say you’re in the philipines, you can apply that to the ruling groups in the philipines. You can do this in even a country in Africa where there are different ethnic groups. Fact is there will always be inequalities among different groups. Those inequalities are not necessarily due to discrimination  and oppression. There’s a thing called cultures. There are cultures that value education more, there are demographics that are more prone to certain diseases etc. have you ever heard of epidemiology? There are cultures where risk taking are valued more, etc…and that all together create different outcomes. All we can do I’d provide equal opportunities.

Anyway, you are proof that the current US education is a failure. you have no critical thinking, you are racist for assuming minority ethnics have no will power nor industry to apply themselves. You calling people names that don’t agree with you. You have posted articles that refute your very own claims and you still lie. I think you would be better off going to school in China, or even Korea, a democratic country. For sure there are no systemic racism there and you will be taught to love your country.

could you do us a favor and tell the Chinese not to come to the US. Their educational system is quite good there, no need to go to a systemic racist society. Thanks.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Blacks did not come here with freewill nor they had anything to do with the laws that blacks have to live by everyday. Systemic Racism has been known at the very beginning since blacks were brought here. I understand how insecure you are from losing your white privilege. But denying facts just ruins you credibility to talk about sensitive issues. 

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval I’m talking about the black immigrants that are still pouring in. If they know about systemic racism that can prevent a lot of hardship for them.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena Haiti was sanctioned and isolated from freeing themselves from the french

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval I’m not talking about the slaves 300 years ago. Even then some former slaves did quote well. I was  talking about now. People of all colors have free will, opportunities and a brain to do whatever they want.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena nice fairytale world you live in. to climb the corporate ladder is based on the people you know and not the skillsets.

athena
(@athena)

Noble Member

@naval I think your thinking process is unraveling. What a non sequin or response.

(@naval)

Famed Member

@athena I got better things to do than entertain a white poser

athena
(@athena)
Noble Member

The McDonald’s franchise lawsuit has nothing to do with systemic racism. Franchisee have been suing forever for misrepresentation by the corporations. These plaintiffs just used the racial card as a basis for it. 

(@naval)
Famed Member
2 Replies
josh avatar
Registered
(@zexsypmp23)

@naval should i merge all the systemic racism-related threads here?

(@naval)

Famed Member
Page 2 / 2